About the Company
When you choose to join LEAD North, you have the opportunity to do meaningful work helping our healthcare clients improve patient care.
LEAD North is a growing consulting firm with decades of experience in healthcare interoperability. We believe in a workplace where you are listened to and treated with respect. We strive for job satisfaction for our employees in all areas - from the type of work you do to the people you work with to the salary you earn. We can’t wait to welcome new talent to our growing team!
A Healthcare Integration Engineer is responsible for analyzing, documenting and building interfaces that route and consume healthcare data contained within varying message types (HL7, FHIR, C-CDA, X12, Custom XML). The ideal candidate is a strong developer who has built a variety of interfaces in the past and can see the big picture when building out an integration framework.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or a related field requirement. - Equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience may meet this requirement.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with healthcare data and workflows.
- Experience with healthcare industry-specific interface standards and code sets (IHE, ANSI, HIPAA, SNOMED, etc).
- Working knowledge of the HL7 and C-CDA standard with an advanced understanding of XML.
- Experience implementing interfaces in one or more interface engines (InterSystems Ensemble, Rhapsody, Mirth, etc.).
- Expert troubleshooting and documenting skills.
- Able to learn in a self-directed, fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in the health information exchange (HIE) industry.
- Hands on experience with InterSystems HealthShare.
- Analyze HL7 and C-CDA messages to identify and communicate any necessary modifications.
- Coordinate with clinical teams, project managers and EHR vendors to expedite necessary adjustments to message data.
- Participate in and/or facilitate meetings with multiple internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements, identify data needs, provide ongoing updates, and ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Develop and update technical and business process documentation for implemented interfaces.
- Provide quality assurance to validate that data is viewable as clinicians would expect.
- Determine creative solutions to analytical challenges.
This position is 100% remote. Therefore, candidates must have the ability to work independently, efficiently and distraction-free from a home office environment.